Monday, May 4, 2009

craft show!!!!!

the table dress rehearsal..

looking good table!

close up of my babies..

i had to say goodbye to a lot of these guys..

it was sad at first, but totally worth it!

the real deal!

first customers!

ok it wasn't that sad, look how happy i am!

mixing business with pleasure

an action shot of me working!

i had to refigure my table set up as i sold SOOOOOO many cards!  yeah me!  

i learned so much from this experience.  what to do next time and what not to do..  like maybe next time i'll bring a companion with me as sometimes i have to go pee.  but overall,  it was a great first craft show and im super excited to work towards more..  realistically, i'm probably aiming more for fall and christmas shows.. 

7 comments:

just little said...

Your cards are incredible!! I'm so impressed that you did this all on your own, creating, selling, not peeing. Do you eventually want to make it a full time career?

olive_me said...

thanks tova!!!

i would love to do it full time! how i'm going to that? well, i haven't quite figured that out yet. but i'm thinking if i could own my shop, i could sell my stuff, along with other ppl's, and just work away all day. hopefully i would get discounts on awesome supplies that way too. i would also love to open up a craft studio and teach kids crafts too.. that would be ideal!

Somboun Souannhaphanh said...

Wow, I didn't know you're an artist Lisa. These cards are beautiful!!

olive_me said...

thanks somboun! is this the somboun that used to work at soho??
how r u?

Somboun Souannhaphanh said...

Yep, that me. I'm doing well. I wished I was sick though, just so that I can order one of your get well card to myself :)

Anyway awesome job. Keep it up!

olive_me said...

wow thanks so much! yeah if and when u and ever need one keep me in mind.

how did u find me anyways?

Somboun Souannhaphanh said...

I was just looking at the credit of the Hulk recently and saw your name on IMDB